Golf Budy Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Golf Budy. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy your experience with Golf Budy. The following Terms & Conditions are necessary to allow Golf Budy to provide our valued users with the best possible experience and are intended to:
- Outline the Code of Conduct for all members of the service
- Protect users from those few individuals who act in an inappropriate or fraudulent manner
- Maintain the integrity of the data collected and accuracy of results
- Clarify the terms regarding payment and billing
- We request that you share information with our users in an honest, upfront manner.
In order to use the Golf Budy and ("website"), you must register as a member of the Site ("Member") and agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions ("Agreement"). To have the ability to access our website and services, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, it is your responsibility to find the equipment (i.e. computer, modem, and/or other devices) necessary to make such a connection to the Internet.
In consideration of your use of Golf Budy, you agree to:
- Provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form.
- Maintain and promptly update your personal contact information to keep it current and complete.
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, inappropriate or not current, or if Golf Budy has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, inappropriate or not current, Golf Budy has the right to disable or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the website.
Once you complete the registration process with Golf Budy, you will receive an email confirming your User Name and Password that is associated with your new account.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and are fully accountable for all activities that occur under your account.
You also agree to immediately notify Golf Budy of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
Unless otherwise specified, Golf Budy grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use and display this website and the material provided hereon, and the Fee-Based Services that you subscribed to, for your personal, noncommercial use, provided that you comply fully with the provisions of this Agreement. You agree not to assign, transfer or sublicense your rights as a registered user of, or subscriber to, this website and/or any of our services.
You understand that only you may use your user account and password, and that your subscription or use of our services may not be shared with others. If Golf Budy has reasonable grounds to suspect that you have shared your account access and password with another individual, Golf Budy has the right to terminate your account and refuse any refund.
You agree that you shall only use the Services and content in a manner that complies with all applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which you use the Services and Content, including, but not limited to, applicable restrictions concerning copyright and other intellectual property rights. Except as specifically authorized herein, you may not:
- Permit other individuals to use the Content and Services;
- Modify, translate, distribute or create derivative works of the Content or the Services;
- Copy or redistribute the Content;
- Rent, lease, transfer, or otherwise transfer rights to the Content or the Services;
- Remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Content or Service;
- Add to, alter, delete from, or otherwise modify the Content.
You must be 15 (fithteen), with parent consent) or older to register as a Member of Golf Budy. Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. By using this website, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the Terms & Conditions of this Agreement. Children under 15 are not permitted to use this website.
Joining Golf Budy is free and you may continue to use this Service as long as you adhere to these Terms & Conditions. The term for the Services on Golf Budy may vary. Subscription membership in the Service is on "Term" basis which means you will be a Paid Member for the amount of time specified in the Subscription Plan that you choose (normally on a 3, 6, 12 month and 5 year basis).
Payment and Billing
For purposes of your use of our Service, you agree to provide us with true, accurate and complete information as required by the subscription or sign up process ("Subscription Data"), including your legal name, email address, post code and other billing information (e.g., credit card number and expiration date), and to allow us to share your Subscription Data with third parties for the purpose of verifying the information you provide and billing your credit card or otherwise charging your account.
Payment for Golf Budy services or products may be made by selected credit card only. For our subscription plans, we may alert you to your impeding renewal via e-mail 30-days, and then again 2-weeks prior to your renewal date.
User/s and Member/s must promptly inform Golf Budy of apparent breaches of security, such as loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of an ID or password. Until Golf Budy is notified by e-mail of a breach in security, the customer will remain liable for any unauthorized use of the service.
Content and information Posted on the Site
You understand and agree that Golf Budy may review and delete any content, messages, photos or profiles (collectively, "Content") that in the sole judgment of Golf Budy violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of other Members.
You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on the Service, or transmit to other Members.
By posting Content to any public area of the website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Golf Budy an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Site. Golf Budy reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators. It includes Content that:
- Is patently offensive to the website, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- Involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- Promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- Promotes any illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links of any kind to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- Seeks to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page) ;
- Displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- Provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
- Engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
- You must use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- You may not include in your Member profile URLs (website address) of any kind.
- You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members to buy or sell any products or services through the Service. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. Although Golf Budy cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the website, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, Golf Budy reserves the right to restrict the number of emails that a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which Golf Budy deems appropriate in its sole discretion. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Golf Budy Members.
- Golf Budy reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
Non Commercial Use by Members
The Site is for the personal use of individual Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become Members and should not use the Service or the Site for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
Subscription cannot be transferred once purchased. Golf Budy reserves the right to cancel or terminate an individual's account if there is speculation of misconduct or similar behaviors. Should you breach this Agreement, Golf Budy will revoke your license to use the Service and suspend your right of access. In such a case, no portion of your subscription payment will be refunded.
Should Golf Budy decide to suspend the Service for any reason other than breach, we will refund to you the unused pro-rata portion of your subscription payment, which will be your sole and exclusive remedy upon such a suspension of service.
Should you have any inquires regarding billing, this should be directed to our Customer Support Team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Modifications to Service
These Terms & Conditions were last modified on December 20, 2005. At any time and without prior notice, Golf Budy shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, add or remove terms of these Terms & Conditions, without notifying our customers of such modifications, additions or removals, and all such changes shall be effective immediately. Your continued participation and use of this website and/or the Golf Budy services following our posting of any such change on our website will constitute binding acceptance of such change. You agree that Golf Budy shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the service.